2012年1月28日土曜日

Disposable wooden chopstick

In Japan, we can see disporsable wooden chopstick everywhere, for example, in fast food shop, convinient store, 100 yen shop and so on. Of course, we use it naturally as Japanese traditional culture.
Yesterday, I knew that 90 percent of the chopstick in Japan came from China. In short, Japanese chopstick destroys forest in China. I was surprised at the fact. Now, I worry about weather or not I should stop useing the chopstick.
Indeed, it is good for environment that all of us stop using and making it, but if only I stop using it, it is no meaning for good environment. Also, some people in China may live their living by the chopstick.
What do you think about this??

2 件のコメント:

  1. I use disposable wooden chopstick too. Last year, some shops sold my chopstick and I bought. But I don't use this now.
    If you use your chopstick everywhere and you recommend using own chopstick to your friends, you and your friends can be friendly for environment. First of all, it is important to change yourself.

    返信削除
  2. I agree with him. I use chopstick at students' dining hall. But I use disposable wooden chopstick at restaurant or other shop. I know it is bad for environment, but I allow myself to use it. So I decided to use chopstick anywhere possible.

    返信削除